The Capitol Theatre welcomes patrons with special needs and disabilities.
If your question is not answered here please call us on 02 9320 5000.
Vehicle Drop Off
The pick up and drop off point is in front of the theatre on Campbell Street.
There are two designated disabled street parking spots on Campbell Street in front of the theatre.
Access to the Auditorium
- Suitable for patrons in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
- Located at ground level with only a few stairs at Doors 3-5.
- Wheelchair access through Door 2.
- Floor has gradual incline to aid view of the stage.
- Our ushers will assist mobility impaired patrons to ensure your visit to the theatre is as comfortable as possible.
- Located on the first floor and can be accessed by stairs or lift.
- Seating is raked with two steps between each row of seating.
- Less suitable for patrons with limited mobility.
- If you have limited mobility and have purchased Dress Circle tickets please call us on 02 9320 5000 to plan your access.
Stalls Row WWW is a raised platform section reserved for wheelchair bookings. It offers good views of the stage and can accommodate carers or family and friends.
Click here to see location.
If you are able to transfer from a wheelchair into a theatre seat you may wish to book an aisle seat in the Stalls. You can do this directly through Ticketmaster or by calling us on 02 9320 5000. Our ushers will assist by storing your wheelchair and bringing it to you at interval and the end of the show.
Disabled and Companion Card Holder Bookings
All enquiries and bookings for disabled patrons or companion card holders must go through the Capitol Theatre Box Office. Please call us on 02 9320 5000 Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
All Other Box Office Enquiries
All general bookings can be made through Ticketmaster.
Hearing Aid Loop is accessible in the majority of theatre seats; turn your hearing aid to T for reception.
Click here for Hearing Loop accessible seats. (PDF)
Disabled toilets are located on both the Stalls and Dress Circle levels.
Distance from Seat to Stage
For patrons with a visual impairment the below information may be helpful when choosing a seat.
The distance between the centre seat in the specified row and the stage (measured from safety curtain) is:
Stalls, Row AA - approximately 6 metres
Stalls, Row C - approximately 8 metres
Stalls, Row D - approximately 12 metres
Stalls, Row G - approximately 15 metres
Dress Circle, Row A - approximately 20 metres
Stalls seating starts to gradually incline from Row B right to the back of the Stalls. Patrons will be at eye level with the Stage at around Row E-G.